Tuesday, September 28, 2010

R.I.P.

On Monday, September 27, my crock pot died. She was taken from me before her time since she was only a few years old, but she went peacefully in her favorite spot in the cabinet. She is survived by the coffee maker and the toaster. She will be missed. R.I.P Smart Pot.

So sad.

What's even MORE sad is she died while I was trying to make stew and it never cooked. I didn't realize this until I went to serve the food and not only was the food cold, but (obviously) all the veggies were crunchy. Unsalvagable at this point ... such a waste of time and food!

I was pretty organized that day so I was able to get all the food cooking early in the morning. Kudos to me. I had plently of time so I cooked it on low, something I never do. I assumed that the crock pot just didn't get very hot on low so I didn't think much of it when the soup wasn't bubbling like it does on high. Devon and I are both sick right now and I was really counting on that soup! He has a cough and I have a cough, congestion and today I officially lost my voice.

This is my life in a nutshell right now:

I am sick. I need soup. I make soup. Crock pot dies while making soup.

FML.

7 comments:

Kim said...

So sad! I can order soup and have it delivered.

yo nance said...

Why didn't you call? I could have made soup. Now it's too late. But why couldn't you just have put it on the stove? XOX

Elizabeth Larson said...

So sad! btw, what does fml mean? That is just so sad about you guys both being sick, you being organized and getting things made so you can get better and the crock pot dies without you knowing it?! Hope you get better soon! Good luck!

annieareyouok said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
annieareyouok said...

Elizabeth: lol To quote the Urban Dictionary FML (F*#! My Life)is: when something does not go the way you would have hoped or liked, when you are having a bad day or a term used by someone to display exclamation at their own or someone else's misfortune.

Crystal Pistol said...

I'm so sorry about your crock pot.. I know the two of you were very close. Time heals all wounds.

PS You're funny, miss Annie! :)

annieareyouok said...

Crystal, thank you for your kind words of support. They truly mean so much during this difficult time. In leiu of flowers, donations can be made to the "New Smith Smart Pot Foundation for Girls".