Sunday, May 10, 2009
Happy Mother's Day Mom
Mom .... thank you for
- teaching me to make a pie.
- getting up extra early to make me breakfast before school.
- packing snacks for movies and road trips.
- baking me an entire batch of my favorite cookies on my first day of school.
- teaching me to crochet.
- teaching me that toothbrushes are for cleaning the baseboards and that a toilet isn't really clean unless you use a pumice.
- making Christmas magical .... highly over done, but magical ;)
- buying 5 of everything at yard sales so each of us could have a bundt pan, yogurt maker, rice cooker, muffin tin, juicer, electric skillet, and books.
- taking me to get my permit when I was exactly 15 1/2 and my license on my 16th birthday.
- having a lasting marriage and creating a stable home.
- all the "old lady" things you do like square dance, clog, crochet and writing down directions of how to "cut & paste".
- putting my hair in braids, twists, buns and curlers for my enitre childhood.
- teaching by example that being a stay at home Mom is important.
- all the crap you forward me.
- changing all my diapers and getting up with me in the middle of the night.
- doing my dolls' hair time after time after time.
- the holiday packages that you put together full of St. Patrick's Day towels, Valentine's Day candy hearts and Easter candy.
- making all the desserts for my wedding and baby shower.
- driving me to soccer practice, orthodontist appointments, Saturday games, ballet, jazz, tap, tennis, tennis matches, art class, school when I missed the bus (which was often), dances, birthday parties, trips to the mall, sleep overs and more!
- not getting mad it me when I accidently threw the car keys on the roof of a 3 story hotel when we were in Mexico.
- giving me recipes over the phone any time I call.
- crocheting Devon a blanket.
- making the nurses dig my tattered blanket (that they thought was a rag) out of the garbage when I broke my leg.
- thank you for all that you sacrificed to give me such a great childhood and all the things you did that went unnoticed.
I love you Mama