Monday, June 14, 2010

32 weeks = 8 months = Almost there!


I passed the 30 week mark and just as I thought ... days and WEEKS are flying by. My doctor said that she would induce me a week early if the baby appears to be ready and I think I may take her up on that if the baby doesn't arrive earlier than that on her own. When I think about holding that little, pink baby in my arms my eyes just well up with tears. I am so excited to have her in our family and begin the rest of our lives all together.

I've put on 23 pounds so far so I think I will probably be around 30 pounds by the end. NOT putting on pregnancy weight is harder than it looks ;)I was trying really hard to stay at or below 30 this time around so I am happy with that. In spite of the horrified looks I get at the gym, I am still running and have started wrapping my belly with a 6 inch wide Ace bandage (thanks Amber for the suggestion) and though it has helped with feeling more supported which is been SO great, I think it gives me cramps from the compression. Not feeling like working out as much anymore, but we begrudgingly go anyway because I feel like a slug when we skip it altogether. (Can I just point out that I am wearing NON stretchy pants that are NOT maternity ... AWESOME!)

Speaking of which, I have decided to take maternity leave from teaching yoga starting in July and for a couple months after the baby is born. Every week when I come home from teaching I seem to be more and more tired as the weeks go by. I got a sub yesterday and it was so nice to have a whole day at home "resting" and spending the day as a family. We even went to the park all 3 of us and it was nice to have "play ground back up" with Daddy to help me keep an extra eye on Devon and we got to talk and hang out as well.

Even though I sleep great at night and only get up once for a bathroom break I am definitely feeling more tired these days. I know I stay up too late, but night time is when I am able to get things done around the house (like mopping the floor or getting the baby's room ready) that I can't do when Devon is awake. I am trying to just skip doing those things and go to bed, but I can't really relax when the house is not clean.

Aside from some heartburn and round ligament pain, overall I am feeling good and enjoying these last weeks of being pregnant. My friend just had her baby 3 weeks early and it totally put into perspective for me that my time is right around the corner. I know that this time with Devon is so special when it is just the 2 of us during the day and I am trying to fill the days with fun activities. I feel bad that we won't be able to go and do things together that first month after she is born, but it's only a month and we will just have to get creative at home, go to the park or arrange for one-on-one play dates.

Mom has been out of town this week and I had to have home made cinnamon rolls. Since she wasn't around to make them for me I made them myself for the first time and even though I over cooked them a little (which made them a little dry unless you heated them up) they were pretty good and not as big of a production to make as I thought. Going to make more over the weekend. Yummmmmmm

6 comments:

Kim said...

You look amazing & I'm so excited to see this little baby! What's her name? Is it in the vault?

Crystal Pistol said...

Those cinnamon rolls look amazing! As do YOU! You could really be a prego model. Gorge!

Mary said...

You are so petite! Adorable. I think I have a post-baby wrap if you're interested and if you'd like a precocious little girl and her mama to come over and try and entertain Devon you.just.let.me.know! Hang in there!

findingbenjamin said...

annie, I can't WAIT to meet the little lady--and you look aMAzing--hang in there! ;)

annieareyouok said...

Kim - Her name is sorta in teh vault ;) We have a name, but we are waiting to announce it officially until she is born just in case we change our minds.

Crystal - Thanks lady!

Mary - Come over any time.

Ben - Thanks B. I'm sure she will love you as much as Devon does ;)

Kate said...

way to take charge and just make the rolls, so scrumptious. You go girl with the running, maybe since I'm working out everyday the next kid I have I will be able to do that.