Tuesday, June 22, 2010

34 weeks

I have been having TONS of Braxton Hicks contractions and in spite of what the "experts" say they have been painful and very uncomfortable. I think they noticeably started on Father's Day. We haven't figured out what we want to do with Mother's/Father's Day as a tradition, but Joe said he wanted to sleep in and play guitar. Easy enough.

I got up before Devon to get ready and make breakfast. We ate upstairs so we wouldn't disturb Joe, slipped out of the house around 8:00 and headed to the park. Can I just mention that at 8 am it is still in the mid 80's ... it gets extra hot when you're running around plus the hot temps so we were both sweating and poor Devon had red cheeks and ears. We stayed for 45 minutes and both of us had had enough. We did a little shopping then over to my Mom's until 12:30. I got Devon down for a nap, ran to the store to get groceries and got home to make Joe fillet Mignon with a brandy shallot sauce and bacon and walnut mashed potatoes. Yum! (I skipped out on the meat and just had potatoes. Not into meat these days). I literally had about 10 minutes to eat before Devon got up. We played for about an hour before heading over to Joe's parents house for dinner. We stayed until 7, drove home just in time for Devon's bath and put him down. I was contracting A LOT during the drive home I really was getting worried that I was going into labor. They weren't regular contractions and didn't get more intense, but they were painful and very uncomfortable.

I laid down for a while and took a long bath and that helped immensely so I knew it wasn't actual labor. I can tell that I am doing too much and not resting like I should be so it's no wonder that I am contracting. There is so much that needs to be done! Plus, it is SUPER easy to get dehydrated in this heat and I'm sure that has added to it as well.

Anyway, I have been enjoying decorating the baby's room and girly-ing it up a bit. I would have loved a room like this when I was little and I think it will last her a long time since it's not very babyish. I am still on the fence about weather or not to get another crib so I don't have to move Devon out of his before he's ready, but I'm just going to wait until after the baby is born to decide unless someone wants to buy me a crib (hint! hint! www.babiesrus.com Status Richmond Stages Crib - Walnut Finish) and spare me the time and expense of having to go and get it myself. It would be nice to have it here before she arrives so she has a bed to call her own and doesn't have to get used to one bed and then be moved to another one. Plus, I really want to put up the bedding which is SO cute!

This past Sunday was my last day teaching until after the baby and even though I really enjoyed being there it is a relief to know that I get to take a break. It is always so hectic before I leave to teach so it will be nice to just be home and have family time. My students have been so supportive and have had nothing but completely nice things to say. I am so lucky to have been able to be surrounded by such sweet people who want nothing but the best for me and my family.

I am trying to hang in there, but I am definitely getting to that point where I am getting antsy to have this baby. I am not losing-my-mind-gotta-have-this-baby-now antsy, but I am starting to feel pressure in my belly, I get little pains in my back, Braxton Hicks and getting down on the floor and playing with Devon is getting harder and harder everyday. I just want to be normal and wear jeans again ;) I had a doctor's appointment today and everything is fine. My doctor even commented that I don't have a single stretch mark ... go ME! My next appointment is in 2 weeks and they will start checking to see if I am dilated so I really am getting close! I still really love to feel her kick and I know that she has some growing to do so NOT going into labor for a few more weeks is best for her. I really don't have that much longer to go and there are a few projects we are finishing at the house that I would like to get done first. I also would like to finish sewing her quilt (read that as start her quilt ;) and finish the afghan that just needs a border. When it comes down to it I really only have a maximum of 5 weeks left. In 3 weeks she will be full term, but I can manage for 5 weeks ... I think ;)

No comments: