Monday, February 28, 2011

Audrey: February (7months)


Audrey is doing a great job figuring out how to sit by herself. She will sit the longest when she is playing this piano since it keeps her attention. I put the pillow behind her just in case she tips backwards, but she usually sits until I pick her up. Devon will give her a little cup and we have a tea party clinking our glasses. Audrey has surprisingly fast reflexes and will grab toys right out of your hands and wave them around.

Little Audrey got six teeth this month leaving her with a grand total of eight. She got two middle bottom ones last month and now her "fangs", her two top front teeth and two bottom teeth are coming through. She loves crunching Cheerios with her fancy new chompers and still loves baby food in all flavors. I remember having to coax Devon to eat every bite (it still feels that way sometimes), but Audrey loves it. I think the only thing she doesn't really like so far is peaches. She loves to chew on feeding spoons to soothe her gums even when she's not sitting down to eat.

Her lashes are a mile long! I can't wait to slap some mascara on them when she gets older. Much older ;)

Her hair is super curly when it's wet, but gets pretty straight once it dries since it isn't very long. It has thinned out quite a bit from when she was born and even seems to have gotten lighter. I was born with super dark hair and it turned blond by the time I was one so we'll see what happens!

Audrey was crying and Devon was trying desperately to make her feel better. He literally brought her every toy she has, but she continued to cry. All she wanted was a nap!

Audrey is generally a very pleasant baby. She loves to be talked to, sang to and all around just given attention. She is happy to go along with whatever we are doing and loves to be close to Mama in the pouch. She seems to like the "ring sling" (Maya wrap), even though I didn't like using it with Devon. I have a better appreciation for it this time around, though I'm sure that has more to do with me figuring out how to wear it properly.

In the toy room at Grandma and Grandpa's house. Grandpa gave her this toy to chew on. It's a rubber snake. Awesome.

Sleeping little thumb sucker. Thankfully, she only sucks her thumb when she's tired. It's an easy way to tell when she's ready to be put in bed.

Now that big brother Devon is in a real bed, I was finally able to move his crib into Audrey's room. Her bedroom is now complete and she definitely sleeps better and for longer periods of time. I knew she would be more comfortable so I am happy to have made the switch. I love the bedding for her crib! It is so lovely and pink ;)

Devon loves to climb into Audrey's crib when they are both supposed to be napping. I'm not sure if Devon does it because he wants to be with her, he doesn't want to sleep, he misses his crib or a bit of all three. If I don't lock the door to her room he will climb in there again and again.

He hasn't ever hurt her and she loves it when he's in there with her, but sometimes it wakes her up and Mama needs both babies to nap at the same time.

I recently started putting them in the tub together. They love to splash each other and share bath toys. I am continually amazed at how much Devon loves this little girl and genuinely wants to play with her.

Audrey is a little ray of sunshine in our home. She is so sweet and lovable and life wouldn't be the same with out her.

1 comment:

Kate said...

cute little siblings. She is killing me with those lashes.