Monday, February 2, 2009

Let's go to the movies: Rockn Rolla


This was a very Guy Ritchie movie. That means I didn't love it, I didn't hate it, for the first 20 minutes I had no idea what anyone was saying with all of the different accents, but ultimately it was entertaining. I always appreciate when movies don't use gratuitous blood and violence but still manage to have some action to keep it going. There was also very little swearing and no nudity. The plot was interesting, although a little hard to follow due to the long list of supporting characters who all seem to be integral to the plot. Ludacris and Jeremy Piven made (unmemorable) cameos and Gerarde Butler (from 300) played one of the leading roles. I met him when he was at the Ranch training for 300 and he is like .... 9 feet tall and very dreamy. Like .... had-a-hard-time-recalling-my-name kind of dreamy. And then he said,"Nice to meet you" in his thick, Scottish accent and I think all I was able to respond with was nervous laughter, looking at the ground and a dopey grin. This movie had surprising funny moments and creative elements that you don't see in most movies. I would recommend this, but it may not be for everyone.

No comments: