Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Let's go to the movies: Expelled: No intelligence allowed


One word .... booorrriiinnnggg. Holy crap this movie was 1 hour and 30 minutes, but it felt like F-O-R-E-V-E-R. Ben Stein did a documentary on the debate over intelligent design and Darwinism being taught in schools and how some teachers and scientists who believe in I.D. are being black balled for it. I was anticipating being totally annoyed at the content, but I was more annoyed at the simplistic ideas and lack of passion. I am not a Michael Moore fan, but at least his stuff gets you thinking and elicits SOME sort of emotion. Bill Maher makes you think and laugh hysterically, but Ben Stein put me to sleep. If he was able to form a convincing argument I could at least respect that, but it was so watered down he appeared sort of neutral, but somehow ... not. I was impressed that he was able to talk to some pretty important people in the whole "intelligent design vs. evolution" discussion and there were some impressive graphics, but his correlation that people who believe in Darwinism are Nazis is moronic. Who really believes, that? Anyone? Anyone?

1 comment:

Kim said...

Never even heard of that movie. All I can think of when I see him is, "Beuller? Beuller?"