Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Baby girl update: 20 weeks

I am 20 weeks now so I am in the last week of my 4th month. It has gone by so quickly compared to being pregnant with Devon it has been a nice change. 2 weeks leading up to finding out the sex took FOREVER, but in general time is positively flying by. I have only gained 11 pounds so far so I am right on target and feel great. I am one of the lucky ones who have textbook, normal pregnancies with out morning sickness or stretch marks. I am still able to fit into all my clothes, but I am finding that it is starting to get a little hot (and not super comfortable) to wear pants. I have been trying to rest in the evenings after Devon goes to bed and have been working my way through a crocheted, pink afghan. I have been enjoying the time to just sit and unwind that I see more afghan making in my future.

I have been feeling her kick, but not a whole lot this time around. My placenta is near the front of my belly so that has been absorbing the kicks I would normally feel. It is totally normal and nothing to worry about and I should start to feel more kicking once it starts to shift into a better position.

I have been holding out on buying anything for this baby until I knew for sure what I was having and this past week, I broke the seal. I went shopping! I got tons of stuff for Devon at Gymboree (before I understood that kids grow out of clothes at warp speed) and about passed out at the prices. I can't believe I used to shop there. What a rip off! I went to Target and got a few dresses that I thought were pretty unique and got some non-pink outfits. I am not against pink for little girls, but some of it is just way too pink it's nauseating. Then I went to Savers and rounded out the day with Lil Traders (Buffalo Exchange for kids) and found some great deals. Can't beat a $.50 newborn onesie with the tags still on. I need to go through Devon's old clothes and pick out stuff that will work for the little lady, but I am planning on using his clothes to make him a "clothes from his first year" quilt so I don't want to share too much stuff between them.

3 comments:

Kim said...

That 20 weeks flew by for me! Girls are so fun but sassy.

Kate said...

folding little lady clothes is the best...i love it. cute finds, way to go!

Crystal Pistol said...

I adore the little dresses you bought!

Good idea about a 1st year quilt!