Thursday, September 27, 2012

Audrey: July (2 years old)

Can't believe my little Dolly is two.
All the cliches about motherhood are true. Where does the time go?!?!?! Ugh. In this picture Audrey decided that 2:30 meant that it was time for a diaper change, some milk and some playing :)
Audrey hates to watch her daddy shave. It terrifies her. Maybe it's the shaving cream, I don't know, but it terrifies her. So much so that she runs away in literal tears, covers her face with her blanket and often hides under a table or in a closet. Poor dolly.
Since it has been so hot and the parks aren't really an option to get out all that kid energy, we go to the indoor mall play place about once a week. I have been working up to being there for two hours and the kids just go crazy jumping and climbing on the equipment.
Audrey loves Elmo, reading books, playing "games" (meaning toys)dancing to music and climbing on mama and daddy's bed.
She is my little "rough and tumble" girl and will play with swords just as much as she will play with dolls. The perks of having an older brother, I suppose.
I hope that my babies grow up knowing that their birthday is an important day to me because it's the day that I became their mom and THEY became my baby. I wasn't planning on having a birthday party this year. I don't think kids, especially at this age, need a party every year. What started out as let's-invite-just-family-over-for-cake-and-ice-cream is essentially a party because if every one comes it's about 26 people. So 26 people or not, I would have decorated the house just like this.
I love to decorate the living room because it feels like a party for about a week until I take every thing down. I made a bunch of paper flowers and strung up balloons.
Joe and I put balloons in their rooms when we wake them up. It's our tradition. I plan on doing this until they leave the house so they better get used to it! Hopefully next year she won't cry in terror :)
Audrey drew this during breakfast and declared,"It's a M!".Genius baby doll.
So proud of herself.
Playing in Devon's room and being dramatic.
Love that smile!
Pretty hair.
So independent.
She wouldn't go down the slide with out holding hands with someone and Devon was more than happy to take on such an important job. She would kind of pull him down the slide, but they both loved it. They are very sweet to each other ... when they're not fighting :)
Breakfast of champions ... donuts on a string with out using your hands. First doughnut might as well be on your birthday, right? Such a party girl!
Nailed it.
Hit up story time to round out the day.
Pretty party dress!
Let's open some presents!
What could it be?
It's Elmo! (I've got my eye on you, daddy :)
Funny faces.
I made a four layer, pink ombre cake. No one really ate it, but I guess that's because I made four different types of home made ice cream and who wants cake when you have home made butter pecan? Audrey blew out her candles and I think the "non party family gathering" went well.
Happy birthday my darling daughter.

No comments: