Saturday, May 29, 2010

Garage sale finds

I haven't been garage "sale-ing" in forever. I have been wanting to go for months, but Joe always seems to have to work, someone gets sick, I'm too tired ... the list goes on. I decided that I was definitely going to go this weekend and it finally worked out. Mom and Dad chauffeured me around and even picked me up so I didn't waste any time driving out to meet them. Quite the time saver. We hit up 2 yard sales before we even got out of my neighborhood. I am not much of a haggler so I'm sure I over paid on a few things, but when stuff is already so cheap I don't mind. I will usually ask for a dollar off and they usually say yes to a pregnant lady ;)

I picked up this super cute foot stool that I can turn into something sweet for the little lady's room for $5. It needs to be reupholstered, but that is an easy fix. I also got Joe a tape measure because it would seem that they always go missing around our house. $2

I got a bag full of 27 plastic eggs for Devon for $.50 and a brand new wok for $3 that retails for $30. Score!

When I told Devon they were plastic eggs he didn't skip a beat. He went right to the cabinet, got out the egg cooker and filled it with eggs. He's so smart! But seriously, how cute is that?!?

I got this tin for the little lady's room for $2. What little girl doesn't need a few nick-knacks?

And my FAVORITE purchase of the day is this adorable doll cradle. I think other than making some simple bedding for it I am going to leave it just as it is. I got it for $4.

I had to take a 2 hour nap to make up for all the shopping, but in the end it was worth getting up at 6:45. $13.50 worth of fun!

1 comment:

Kate said...

rad rad rad finds. what is it about kids and those eggs, charlie loves them too...but Devon you ate too cute for words. and seriously, that cradle is fantastic! but my favorite part is that you took a picture of the tape measure. So far I haven't found much here, but the season is still early. Hopefully jim will be able to watch chuck soon and i can REALLY go.