Tuesday, July 20, 2010

37 weeks

I am officially full term!!! I had a doctor's appointment yesterday and I am 1.5 cm dilated and 60% effaced. As my doctor put it,"Your cervix is ready to go!" Kind of a graphic way to say,"You could go into labor at any time now," but I will forgive her because I am so excited! She said that based on the progress my body has made since last week there is a good chance that the baby could arrive this week. Even if that doesn't happen it's fine because I feel so good now that I have come this far. I was amazed at the relief I felt when she told me that the baby could be coming soon. Last week I had a rough few days being pregnant and I was just at the end of my rope. Everything was uncomfortable, I was exhausted, I haven't been sleeping well, I was having tons of contractions, but no real labor ... I was having such a hard time making it through the day. I am 100% different this week and the weight has been lifted! I'm still carrying around 30 pounds of baby weight (I officially hit 30 .... uhhh), but mentally I am ready to go into labor.

IF the baby doesn't arrive in the next 2 weeks I will be induced on August 3rd. My doctor will be out of town at that time, but the OBGYN who delivered HER babies will be delivering mine. I don't really want to be induced since I'd prefer to not wait 2 more weeks, but even induction has an upside. I will get to be prepared and plan and make arrangements for Devon and know when the whole process is going to start as opposed to having my water break while I'm on the treadmill at the gym. My water broke with Devon, but 12 hours later I wasn't having contractions so I was given Pitocin with him, too. It was intense, but I didn't have a difficult time with it so I'm fine if I have to be induced this time around as well.

My hospital bag is packed, I got a pedicure and my hair done so I am ready now ;) I think today is a good day to have a baby so think "going into labor thoughts" for me and let's get this going!

3 comments:

Kim said...

Come on Annie's cervix! Let's go!

Elizabeth Larson said...

okay, so sorry to share too much info on your public blog, but having "relations" with your husband might send that body into labor (I have been told by many people this works, but I never needed to try it myself). Also, walk up and down your stairs a million times and hopefully that little angel can come for you! thats awesome!! ;)

yo nance said...

Personally I am glad you didn't have your baby this week, as we were out-of-town. I think chances are pretty good that the baby will come before we leave for a week on August 11th. Can't wait to see how beautiful this one will undoubtedly be. XOX