Tuesday, August 17, 2010

3 weeks: Audrey


If it's possible, Audrey gets cuter by the day. She has been putting on weight and filling out those cute chubby cheeks. I can't believe she has out grown all her new born clothes already! She is probably close to 9 pounds by now so she is in 0-3 month clothes which means more dresses, yeah!

She is such a lucky little girl to have so many family and friends come to visit at our home so we don't have to brave the scorching, summer heat. Pops and Abuela (Joe's parents. Abuela = grandma in Spanish)come to visit every Sunday. This is their last grandchild and they are excited to watch her progress.


My brother has been coming over every couple of days in the morning and does an amazing job of playing with Devon and indulging him in undivided attention. He loves to hold Audrey and is somehow able to do it without letting Devon feel left out.He is so good with my kids and I really appreciate all that he does to help me entertain Devon because as a Mom with a new baby that's what helps me the most. Not to mention the fact that he takes out the garbage without me asking him. He is just thoughtful that way. Love you Uncle Ben!

My sister, Jane, got sick with bronchitis right around the time Audrey was born. She was sick nearly 2 weeks and was finally able to see the baby just a few days ago. She was practically running up the front stairs to hold her. Jane loves babies and babies love Jane! It is really fun for me to see my siblings love and hold my children and for me to see that bond starting to form.

I know this may sound funny, but this past week I really felt like Audrey was starting to be comforted by me. I know babies are comforted my their Mom's, but sometimes I think newborns are just as happy being held by a nurse, a cousin or their Dad and it's all the same to them when they are that little and new. Latey, there were a few times where someone would be holding her, she'd start fussing or crying and they'd give her to me and the crying would stop. Warms my heart! She has started to be awake more during the day for longer stretches of time and it has been fun to interact with her. She loves to play and kick on her little toy mat and seems to really enjoy that.

She is still getting up just 2 times a night to feed, but does seem to be a bit fussy and needs to be held a few times as well. Those nights have been a little rough. We are making it through just fine, but my coffee intake seems to have increased ;) We only have one more week to go and then we can officially leave the house since she will be one month old. It has been nice to be home with both kids and we can just hang out and play, but it will be fun to get out and go on outings all together.

5 comments:

Elizabeth Larson said...

So sweet! Sounds like a very sweet baby. And so nice to have family all around. ;)

Crystal Pistol said...

That last picture is beyond sweet! I love them both so much!

I actually had a dream the other night that I held Audrey in my arms all night as we both slept. She wore only a little white diaper. Sweet dream.

Kate said...

I was jealous before, but now I'm officially jealous that everyone can hold her except for me. Sad sad sad face. I'll make it up to her one day. She'll be 16 and I'll make her sit on my lap as I feed her spaghetti or something.

yo nance said...

I sure did miss those adorable little kids of yours while we were away in Colorado for a square dance festival. I'm anxious to see them again...really soon I hope. XOX

annieareyouok said...

Crystal: I LOVE your dream and have done that a few times. There is something so incredibly sweet about it. Come hold her any time ;)

Katy: Can't wait until she's 16 so I can be there to take that picture ;)