Monday, August 23, 2010

Freezer

I've been having lots of "when-did-this-become-my-life" moments lately. I love all these moments and usually enjoy them with a chuckle and ahead shake, but still ... they are "when-did-this-become-my-life" moments. Such as:

- When I have a few quiet moments I take a nap.

- I choose what I wear for that day based on my ability to easily breast feed while wearing it.

- When I get my coffee going in the morning I am soothing a new born in my arms while hearing Devon calling me over the baby monitor (by my first name at times) and 2 cats circling my ankles crying to be fed.

- The most exciting thing going on in my life right now is potty training.

- When someone says,"You can sleep in tomorrow ... it's Saturday." I laugh uncontrolably. People who don't have kids are adorable.

Today I had another one of those moments. I am SO excited about it and a little embarrassed by how excited I actually am, but it is what it is. I bought one of these ...



And the clouds parted and angels began to sing! A deep freezer yeah!

I wish I could have gotten it before the baby was born so I could have made frozen dinners, but I am happy to have it now. I can now deep freeze pumped breast milk, freeze some dinners and buy veggies and meat in BULK for crying out loud. I hate going to Costco and usually have to go weekly for a few items that I can only get there. Now I can stock up and maybe go once a month. I hope to make things like lasagna and pasta sauce to freeze and serve on those days that I don't feel like cooking or when I don't have the energy to do it, but want to have a nice meal made in advance. I sound like such a house wife ... and that's a good thing ;)

4 comments:

Kate said...

sweet huh...I just got one too, but mine is for lots and lots of salmon that I just scored. What's cool is in a few months I won't have to plug it in. (cool for some, nightmare for others)

Kim said...

Ooooh! I'd be excited too! Now you just need to find the energy to do all that shopping & cooking.

Franklin Family said...

A house wife - that's your life! Funny how those little things kind of catch you off guard. That freezer is amazing! Can't wait to get one myself. :) Did you get it off CL?

annieareyouok said...

I got it at Costco. It was on sale a few months ago, but still a goot deal at $229. I already started making my purees!