Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Baby update

This may be boring for some of you, but I wanted to document little changes, milestones and progress for this 2nd baby. I am 16.5 weeks and doing great! I feel a little tired depending on the day, but I nap when I need to while Devon sleeps and it has worked out great. Going to the gym helps me feel like I am keeping my weight in check and keeping my energy up. Plus, Devon gets to play with other kids and new toys. I have only gained 6 pounds so far. I think by this time with Devon I had gained somewhere in the neighborhood of 15 or so. I think with this pregnancy I have figured out the difference between a "craving" and an "impulse to indulge". The only real craving I have had so far was a Subway sandwich. I thought I was going to kill someone if I didn't get one .... and soon! I even waited a while day just to make sure I really wanted it and I still did. I seriously had to contain myself from eating it while walking to the car. It. Was. Devine. I call it the "bad breath sandwich". Bacon, cheese, lettuce, salt, pepper, pepproncinis, black olives, bell peppers, and onions. Yum!

I have been having INSANE dreams lately thanks to all those pregnancy hormones which has made for some interesting breakfast conversations. I have been having some really intense cramps (that even woke me up last night), but they don't last so I'm guessing that is just my uterus making room.

I go in for my next sonogram on March 12th and we find out if it's a boy or a girl and I can't wait! I'm trying to not think about it so it doesn't feel like it's taking forever to get there. I think it may be a girl because I have a definite name pretty much selected and my appetite is so different this time around. With Devon I was RAVENOUS all the time and this time I have to force myself to eat at each meal so I don't skip. I try to eat healthy, but it's hard to eat when you're not hungry and not going to GET hungry. Boy or girl .... it doesn't matter to me which one it is I just want to know!

I did feel that first "flutter" of movement on Saturday the 20th as I was laying down to go to sleep. I probably won't feel much for another week or so, but at least I felt something! The kicking is my favorite part about being pregnant and I am excited for that to begin.

No comments: