Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Canyon Ranch Caesar salad dressing

I used to work at Canyon Ranch as a server in the dining room when I was a teenager. We got to taste all the food that was served and I was surprised at how healthy and yummy most of the food was. There are several recipes that I still prepare to this day that I got from the Ranch nearly 12 years ago.

I don't make my own salad dressings, but I love Caesar dressing and I LOVE this recipe. It is so easy, very flavorful and lasts a long time since you don't need to add a lot to the actual salad. If you are a Caesar fan you will like this healthier option.

Ingredients:
1 T. mined garlic
1/4 C. Worcestershire sauce
1/2 C. lemon juice (*I used lime juice and it was good as well)
2 T. Dijon mustard
1/2 C. Parmesan cheese
1/2 T. anchovy paste
1 t. black pepper
1/2 C. mayo
2 t. white miso

* Don't be intimidated with the anchovy paste and white miso. I was able to get both of these items at Basha's so you shouldn't have to go to a specialty store to find them. I would, however, go to a store that has a "healthy" section like Basha's, Trader Joe's or Sunflower Market. I also used light mayo.*

Just mix them all together and that's it. I added bell peppers and cucumbers to my salad and called it good. Enjoy!

No comments: